What does ‘Halal’ mean?
Halal is an Arabic word, which means ‘permissible’. In terms of Islamic dietary laws, ‘Halal’ means that the nutrients have come from permissible sources, and are free of any forbidden substances (such as pigs, bones, alcohol and blood).
What makes most vitamins non-halal?
Other major vitamin brands such as Centrum®, and One-A-Day® usually contain gelatin. In addition, fat soluble vitamins such as vitamin A, D, E and K can come from non-halal sources.
Why is gelatin haram?
Gelatin is used as a softening agent. Most companies use gelatin that is extracted from haram sources such as pig fat or bones because it is common and inexpensive to make. This is forbidden according to Islamic dietary laws, and is therefore haram. However, Natures Well™ uses gelatin from HALAL sources only. All our products are certified HALAL. No haram ingredients are used in any Natures Well ™ products.
Do Natures Well™ products contain gelatin?
Some Natures Well™ products such as the Omega-3 contain gelatin. However, the gelatin used in Natures Well™ products always comes from Halal sources. All Natures Well™ products are certified by (HMC) Halal Monitoring Committee (UK).
Are alternative supplements such as Kosher Vitamins considered Halal?
Kosher vitamins are produced according to Jewish dietary laws, which are not necessarily Halal, or permissible by Islamic law. For example, some Kosher certifying organisations believe some non halal-sources and alcohols to be permissible, and therefore Kosher. All Natures Well™ are certified Halal and contain no ingredients forbidden by Islamic law.
What is the difference between Natures Well™ and other vitamin brands?
At Natures Well™ we are committed to bringing you only the purest Halal vitamins and nutritional supplement products. Natures Well™ are 100% alcohol-free, pork-free, and only contain ingredients from Halal sources. Not only are all our products certified Halal, but our facility and manufacturing practices have also gone through the same rigorous Halal certification process and are FDA compliant and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) certified. Other major vitamin brands may contain non-halal ingredients and are manufactured in facilities that are not Halal certified.
Are Halal vitamins lacking in any essential nutrients?
No. Natures Well™ products bring you the best and most complete vitamins to fit your healthy lifestyle, and have the same vitamins and minerals as other major brands. – See more at: http://www.Natureswell.com/Noor-Vitamins-FAQs#sthash.Amo4t8Zl.dpuf
- Natures Well™ Multivitamin and Mineral® contain all essential nutrients that a body needs to function properly. Our formula is specially balanced to support bone health, immunity, boost energy production, and healthy muscle and nerve function.*
- Natures Well™ Children’s Chewable® contain essential nutrients to support the immune system with vitamin C, help absorption of calcium for strong bones and teeth with vitamin D and aid in the release of energy from food with vitamin B6, vitamin B12, thiamine, riboflavin, and niacin.*
Why is taking vitamins important?
Daily vitamin supplement intake is highly recommended by doctors. Research shows that inadequate intake of several vitamins has been linked to the development of chronic diseases including coronary heart disease, cancer, and osteoporosis. Daily use of vitamins has been proven to reduce stress and fight infection. Natures Well™ products are an excellent source of all essential nutrients and minerals.
Which Natures Well™ product is right for me?
Consult your doctor or pharmacist with specific questions but what follows is a quick description of Natures Well™ products for your reference.
- “Natures Well™ Multi-Vitamin and Mineral is a complete multivitamin specially balanced to support proper muscle and nerve function, heart health, bone health, energy production, and immunity.*
- Natures Well™ Prenatal Supplement supplies important nutrients to meet the needs of a woman’s body before, during and after pregnancy.*
- Natures Well™ Children’s Chewable Multivitamin contains 11 nutrients to support and build strong bones and teeth, and support healthy eyes as well as the immune system.*
- Natures Well™ Calcium with Vitamin D Supplement helps to maintain strong, healthy bones and may reduce the risk of Osteoporosis *.
- Natures Well™ Omega-3 Fish Oil supplement may reduce coronary heart disease, supports healthy mood, and exhibits anti-inflammatory properties which may help with joint health.*