Vegan Omega 3 Algae Oil EPA + DHA 500mg
- £14.50 – £15.50
- Algae Oil EPA + DHA, Men, Women
OMEGA 3 ALGAE OIL EPA + DHA:
Algae oil is a plant-based source of EPA and DHA, which are types of omega-3 fatty acids that are important for human health. These fatty acids have been shown to have a variety of health benefits, including reducing inflammation, improving heart health, and aiding in brain function.
SOURCE OF OMEGA 3:
Many people don’t know that Omega 3 originates from algae! The plankton or krill eat the algae, small fish eat the plankton and then bigger fish eat them, then humans’ fish, farm and eat the big fish. So why not cut out the unnecessary killing and go straight to the source. Avoid the hidden nasties that come from eating too much fish! Now here comes the science bit:
With both Omega 3 EPA & DHA being widely recognised as an important part of our diet, is consuming fish or fish oil the best port of call in obtaining these essential fatty acids? Let’s look at the differences starting with fish…
Whilst it’s recommended that we eat at least 2 portions of oily fish weekly, pregnant women, breastfeeding mums, and young children are advised not to eat more than that due to high levels of methyl mercury and other contaminants found in some fish.
Fish and fish oil can be contaminated with heavy metals, dioxins, and PCBs – Polychlorinated biphenyls (compounds used in the manufacture of plastics).
Some fish oil supplements have been found to be rancid, which can lead to the unpleasant experience of fishy burps.
WHERE IT COMES FROM:
NASA originally sponsored scientific research on plant-based food sources that could generate oxygen and nutrition, for and on long-duration space flights.
This science led to the understanding that certain species of marine algae produce rich nutrients, which fuelled the development of an algae-based, vegetable-like oil containing two polyunsaturated fatty acids; Omega 3 DHA Docosahexaenoic acid and Omega 6 AA Arachidonic acid.
Today, research shows that fish provide EPA and DHA Omega 3 through feeding on algae rich in these oils. We now know that fish don’t synthesis Omega 3 themselves, instead they accumulate Omega 3 reserves by the microalgae they consume!
With algae being an excellent Vegan and Vegetarian source of Omega 3 essential fatty acids, other benefits of this algal form of EPA & DHA are the cultivation in a controlled environment. This means there are no potential health risks of heavy metal contamination that fish or fish oil has today.
In conclusion, fish consumption and Omega 3 supplementation have attracted considerable interest in the past few decades in relation to their health benefits, with EPA and DHA now recognised as an important part of the human diet.
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF ALGAE OIL EPA + DHA:
- Reducing inflammation: EPA and DHA have anti-inflammatory effects, which may help reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and autoimmune disorders.
- Improving heart health: EPA and DHA may help lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke by decreasing the production of triglycerides and slowing the build-up of plaque in the arteries.
- Aiding in brain function: EPA and DHA are important for brain health and may help improve memory, cognitive function, and mental health.
- Supporting foetal development: DHA is especially important for foetal brain and eye development and may also be beneficial for pregnant women in terms of reducing the risk of preterm birth and postpartum depression.
- . Reducing symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis: Studies have shown that EPA and DHA may help reduce inflammation and improve joint function in people with rheumatoid arthritis.
- Improving skin health: Omega-3 fatty acids, including EPA and DHA, may help improve the appearance of dry, flaky skin and reduce the risk of certain skin conditions such as eczema.