Nature’s Well OMEGA 3 is a rich source of EPA and DHA –European Commission Positive Health Claims: Clinical studies show that Omega 3 EPA & DHA is vital for development and function of brain and eyes as well as being important for cardiovascular health and heart function. Surprisingly, fish do not actually produce Omega 3 – they only contain it because they EAT ALGAE, so we cut out the ‘middle fish’ and harvest our Omega 3 directly from the pure, unpolluted source…The ALGAE! So as well as being a fantastic product, it’s also fully sustainable and 100% suitable for vegetarians and vegans. Grown is a controlled environment, these long chain fatty acids are the two most important of the Omega family
Supports Brain, Eye, Heart
No smell or after taste
Ensuring healthy levels of OMEGA 3 in your body may promote your cardiovascular health
100% Vegetarian& Vegan
100% (HMC) Halal Monitoring Committee Certified
100% No pork, gelatine or animal derived ingredients
100% No alcohol, artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
100% sustainable and safe for any stage of life
Made in the UK to “Good Manufacturing Practice” GMP Certified facility.
Recommended Dosage: Adults take up to 1 soft gel daily, preferably with a meal, as a dietary supplement. Alternatively, can be taken to add up to an equivalent weekly dose recommended by a physician. Our Omega 3 comes in a soft shell, approx size 150mm x 100mm
Free from: Gluten, wheat, dairy, yeast, starch, soya, sugar, porcine, lactose, lecithin, alcohol, gelatine or animal derived ingredients, artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.
QUALITY – PURITY – POTENCY: Algae are marine-based photosynthesizing organisms (in other words, they live in water and make energy from sunlight). Although they make energy from sunlight just like land-based plants, because they don’t have many of the features that land-based plants have (e.g. leaves, roots, etc.) they’re considered to be a different group. Algae are one of the most abundant organisms around. Simple algae are one-celled organisms; seaweeds are just algae that decided to go into business together.
- DHA contributes to the maintenance of normal brain function & to the maintenance of normal vision, (beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 250mg of DHA)
- EPA and DHA contribute to the normal function of the heart (with a daily intake of 250mg DHA & EPA)
- DHA and EPA contribute to the maintenance of normal blood pressure (with a daily intake of 3g of EPA and DHA)
In essence, algae have three components that make them nourishing to eat:
- chlorophyll and other plant pigments- The chlorophyll and other plant pigments are known as phytochemicals, or plant chemicals. We know that these plant chemicals have benefits for humans, although we don’t know all the chemicals or exactly how they work.
- important marine minerals such as iodine-Algae can absorb and contain marine minerals such as iodine, magnesium, potassium, calcium, and magnesium. Consuming iodine from dietary sources such as seaweed is essential for the maintenance of good health, particularly for thyroid health.
- omega-3 fatty acids in the form of eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)
Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) are often cited as being the beneficial components of fish oil, yet they actually originate in algae (mainly DHA). Algae are the base of the food chain for fish. Fish consume these algae and then concentrate high amounts of EPA and DHA in their tissues.
Our algae supplements are produced under controlled laboratory conditions and provide a rich source of EPA and DHA, without providing chlorophyll or iodine.
Humans developed on diets consisting of marine life, wild game and/or inland plants. This type of diet provided sufficient omega-3 fats, which resulted in an omega-6/omega-3 ratio that was around 1:1. The essential fats from algae may improve fatty acid balance and cardiovascular function, nervous system function, immunity, memory & concentration, mood, neurotransmission, insulin sensitivity & nutrient partitioning, body composition.
Long chain Omega 3 fatty acids are the stuff that brains and the retina of the eye are made of. About a third of the substance of brain contains Omega 3s such as DHA and EPA. Retina contains even more. Each day we lose some because, as well as keeping our heads together, polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) can be burned as fuel like other fats.
Algae supplements appear to be similar to fish supplements. Many algae supplements have a lower recommended dose than fish oil supplements because the body seems to assimilate them more effectively.
Caution / Allergy Advice: Store in a cool dry place out of sight and reach of children. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. A healthy diet and lifestyle are important: Dietary supplements should not be used as a substitute for a daily diet.
Don’t take Omega 3 if you are taking any blood thinning drugs such as Warfarin always speak to your Doctor first.